The CHATS-AS 2017 Workshop will be held at Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Japan, on December 10 - December 12 2017.
CHATS-AS 2017 will be the twelveth in a series of international workshops that have followed the advancements in the state-of-the-art of modeling of superconducting systems, from cables to magnets, power generation and transmission devices, fusion, high-energy physics, and other applications.
The focus in CHATS-AS is on novel principles and tools in engineering design and analysis of superconducting systems. The Workshop also aims at building bridges between analysis and experiments, in order to validate the sophisticated analysis tools available with proper data sets.
The CHATS-AS 2017 Workshop welcomes contributions fitting this scope, with a specific interest in the following topics:
- Quench simulation and analysis for all classes of LTS and HTS magnets (e.g. accelerator, fusion, other applications) and devices (e.g. power cables).
- Quench protection of HTS magnets: novel concepts, models and experiments.
- Electro-mechanical modeling of Nb3Sn and HTS magnets. Engineering tools for performance extrapolation in the 20 T range.
- Multi-scale modeling of cables and magnets made of LTS and HTS materials, and their relation to the strand or short-sample performance.
- Simulation and optimization of large-scale superconducting and cryogenic systems, covering the combination of thermo-hydraulics, AC loss, current distribution, field, and operating margin calculations.